Online History of Medicine and Health Seminar Series
The Groningen Centre for Health and Humanities and the Research Centre for Historical Studies of the University of Groningen jointly organise an online seminar series on ‘History of Medicine and Health’.
The series consist of four separate online monthly seminars (February-May 2023) and will be concluded by the inaugural lecture delivered by Professor Hilde Bras on 26 May 2023. Scheduled are:
- 21 February 2023: Dr Tizian Zumthurm (University of Bern) – Practicing Biomedicine at the Albert Schweitzer Hospital 1913-1965: Ideas and Improvisations
- 20 March 2023: Dr Samuël Coghe (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) – Population Politics in the Tropics: Demography, Health and Transimperialism in Colonial Angola
- 17 April 2023: Dr James Akpu (Dublin City University) – Catholic Relief Services and Nutrition in Northern Nigeria, 1955-1966
- 15 May 2023: Professor Sowande’ Mustakeem (Washington University in St. Louis) – Slavery at Sea and the Future of
- 26 May 2023: Professor Hilde Bras (inaugural lecture, University of Groningen) – African Population and Health: A Plea for an Integrated Historical Perspective
All seminars will be hosted via Zoom 16:00-17:00 CET. For link, please email Dr James Kennaway.