Posthumus events and COVID19 (corona)
The COVID (corona) pandemic and its effects are quite unpredictable. COVID measures are subject to frequent and sudden changes and may vary per geographical location, per venue, and even per type of event. Consequences of this pandemic may of course also affect events organized by or via the N.W. Posthumus Institute.
The N.W. Posthumus Institute aims to provide a safe environment for all involved with the institute and its events. In addition, the N.W. Posthumus Institute respects the rules set by venues and institutions kindly hosting the N.W. Posthumus Institute and/or its events. The N.W. Posthumus Institute therefore also expects participants of the events to comply with the most actual COVID19 rulings of the event and location/venue concerned.
We know that the effect of N.W. Posthumus Institute events thrive on personal, face-to-face interaction. The N.W. Posthumus Institute therefore prefers to organize live events whenever possible. However, when live (i.e. in person) meetings are not possible due to the effect of the COVID pandemic, the N.W. Posthumus Institute will strive to offer a comparable event online or in a hybrid form, if possible.
Responsibilities of participants: keep yourself informed!
As mentioned, effects of the COVID pandemic may suddenly change. The N.W. Posthumus Institute therefore expects participants of events organized by, via, or on behalf of the N.W. Posthumus Institute to inform themselves timely and regularly about the most recent applicable rulings and guidelines regarding COVID measures. These measures may include vaccination issues, travel limitations, quarantine measures, etc. The N.W. Posthumus Institute will try to inform you to the best of its abilities, but cannot be held responsible for any consequences of non-compliance of participants with guidelines and/or rulings in force at that moment.
As N.W. Posthumus Institute students are affiliated with Dutch and Flemish institutions, either Dutch or Belgian travel guidelines will apply for you. Please make sure:
- to combine the proper locations of departure and arrival (and vice versa!)
- in case of short stays, whether there are specific guidelines for this; this may especially be the case for those travelling between Belgium and the Netherlands
- to check whether there are specific regional issues for the region you will be travelling from/to
Travel guidelines of the Dutch government
- For travelling to the Netherlands: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad
- For travelling abroad from the Netherlands (in Dutch only!): https://www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl/reizen/reisadviezen
Travel guidelines of the Belgian government
- For travelling to Belgium: https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/
- For travelling abroad from Belgium (in Dutch and French only!): https://diplomatie.belgium.be/nl/Diensten/Op_reis_in_het_buitenland/reisadviezen
Guidelines may depend on geographic location, type of venue, and type of event. Below, you will find the link to the guidelines currently in force at Utrecht University, hosting institution of the N.W. Posthumus Institute. For other venues and institutions, other guidelines may apply, make sure to check this beforehand if possible. Please also do respect directions form local staff of the venue.
Corona guidelines Utrecht University
In case of doubt: safety first!
Situations regarding COVID may change rapidly and unforeseen. In cases of doubt, make sure to opt for the safest solution for you and others.
- Consult local guidelines and local experts.
- We recommend you to take a COVID test before attending an event.
- In case of even the slightest sign that might indicate COVID infection: do not risk the health of others, be wise, stay at home, have yourself tested and take the appropriate quarantine and other measures.
- In case you worry about the effects of COVID on your personal Posthumus curriculum, do contact the staff members via firstname.lastname@example.org!